Bankruptcy and insolvency
We regularly act for insolvency accountants and for creditors.
We look after all matters relating to insolvency, such as:
- Advising insolvency accountants on all insolvency legal issues;
- Advice on how to wind up a company that owes you money or commence bankruptcy proceedings against individuals;
- Drafting winding up notices (otherwise known as Statutory Demands);
- Attending court to obtain orders to wind up debtor companies;
- Drafting bankruptcy notices and creditors' petitions for individuals.
- Attending court on applications to set aside Statutory Demands;
- Appointing liquidators;
- Advice to creditors who have received preference payment claims from liquidators;
- Advising liquidators/bankruptcy trustees on selling land and other property -click here for further details
Because our offices are not located in the CBD our rates are substantially lower, often up to 20% lower, than most commercial law firms.
We take a realistic approach in helping clients, including insolvency accountants, by having a flexible attitude on payment of our fees.