Preparation of standard terms of trading including securities clauses and costs recoverable clauses
We have assisted clients with all their commercial contract requirements for 25 years.
- Every business must have well prepared Terms and Conditions.
- We provide terms and conditions clauses in contracts to protect individuals, small and medium size businesses and large companies and to provide security.
- We can prepare terms and conditions for use with your business, or if you already have terms and conditions for your business we can update the terms and conditions you are using.
Our practice is located outside of the Perth CBD and because of this our hourly rates are 20% lower than the standard rates charged by most Perth law firms. Our rates are extremely competitive compared to the rates charged by other commercial law firms.
We act for a major international luxury car manufacturer and in a bank case we handled a luxury vehicle was repossessed and the buyer was sued for a significant sum of money. Unbelievably he had not even made the first repayment on the vehicle and the judgment against him was substantial. We act for these types of companies and for banks regularly and they all have the best terms and conditions so that every cent spent on legal proceedings can be recovered. We recommend to all of our business clients that in addition to a costs recoverable clause they also have a charging clause in their terms and conditions charging all land with repayment enabling caveats to be lodged.
- add clauses to your terms and conditions that allow you to recover your costs, including legal costs and interest;
- provide a caveat clause that can allow you to lodge a caveat to secure payment;
- draft clauses that protect your ability to recover property that is leased, supplied or hired to another person or company pursuant to a terms and conditions;
- ensure that your terms and conditions comply with the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth); and
- draft guarantees that you can use if you are providing goods or services to companies, so that you can ensure that the company fulfills its obligations, such as making payment.
Security for Payment Clauses we can prepare for you
- Retention of Title Clause
- Caveat Over Property Clause to secure payment
- Variations procedures
- Time Extensions
- All legal fees recoverable clauses
- Limited Liability clauses
Contact us today and we can prepare trading clauses for your business, or send through your current terms of trading and we'll let you know how best to amend them so as you get the most out of your trading terms.