Breaches of Contract
If you are having a dispute over a contract or a particular clause in a contract we can help you identify the best means of resolving the dispute cost effectively.
That could be effective negotiation or mediation or it could be the prompt issuing of a default notice.
Because our offices are not located in the CBD our rates are substantially lower, often up to 20% lower, than most commercial law firms.
We handle disputes over all business contracts including:
- loan agreements;
- sale contracts;
- building contracts;
- franchise agreements;
- professional service agreements;
- licence agreements; and
- disputes over intellectual property and information technology.
We also handle all breach of contract claims, including:
- payment claims;
- breaches of non-compete clauses;
- breaches of warranty claims;
- breaches of confidentiality clauses;
- theft of company property and clients;
- misuse of company information;
- supply of defective products;
- late delivery claims;
- misleading and deceptive conduct claims; and
- claims against guarantors.
The parties may be able to resolve their dispute regarding breaches of the contract by alternative dispute resolution methods, before they resort to court action.
It may be the case that the contract prescribes ways in which the parties have to resolve disputes, by mediation or arbitration. If there are no such clauses, then we can proceed with court action straight away.
We can provide you with advice on practical solutions to resolve your dispute regarding a breach of contract claim.