Winding up of companies and bankruptcies
We regularly act for insolvency accountants and for creditors.
We look after all matters relating to insolvency, such as:
- Advising insolvency accountants on all insolvency legal issues;
- Advice on how to wind up a company that owes you money or commence bankruptcy proceedings against individuals;
- Drafting winding up notices (otherwise known as Statutory Demands);
- Attending court to obtain orders to wind up debtor companies;
- Drafting bankruptcy notices and creditors' petitions for individuals.
- Attending court on applications to set aside Statutory Demands;
- Appointing liquidators;
- Advice to creditors who have received preference payment claims from liquidators;
- Advising liquidators/bankruptcy trustees on selling land and other property -click here for further details.
Our practice is located outside of the Perth CBD and because of this our hourly rates are 20% lower than the standard rates charged by most Perth law firms. Our rates are extremely competitive compared to the rates charged by other commercial law firms.
We take a realistic approach in helping clients, including insolvency accountants, by having a flexible attitude on payment of our fees.
Our Proven Experience
For 25 years we have acted for businesses and companies of all sizes, builders, sub-contractors and property owners, as well as for financial institutions including the Bank of Melbourne, United Credit Union now Beyond Bank Australia, National Australia Bank, Bank of Queensland and large National Mortgage Insurer MGICA. However this work, whilst important, has certainly not been more important to us than helping businesses and people having problems with outstanding debts.