Import Duty Cases Perth Customs and Trade Lawyers
Customs Act 1901, Excise Act 1901, Customs Tariff Act 1995
We provide businesses with advice on compliance with customs related law.
We provide advice in relation to dealings with Australian Border Force as to the correctness of information provided and we can make recommendations to ensure compliance where there are allegations on misclassification of goods, incorrect use of Tariff concession order or under valuations.
Our practice is located outside of the Perth CBD and because of this our hourly rates are 20% lower than the standard rates charged by most Perth law firms. Our rates are extremely competitive compared to the rates charged by other commercial law firms.
We advise on all aspects of:
- import and export of goods, including classification and quotas;
- customs valuations;
- country of origin issues;
- applications for repayment or remission of duties;
- waiver or mitigation of penalties;
- appeals against customs decisions;
- duty suspension;
- innovative customs management; and
- duty reduction initiatives.
Penalties may be substantial for some breaches of this legislation. Penalties of in excess of $100,000 are not uncommon. We can prepare a plea in mitigation when mistakes have been made in order to assist you in minimizing any fines.