Dispute Resolution and Litigation Lawyers
We have proven expertise in handling complex and straight forward commercial litigation cases in all courts for 25 years.
We act for businesses and companies of all sizes in commercial disputes in all courts. Our clients for 25 years have included large financial institutions, insurers, builders, sub-contractors, property owners, companies and businesses of all sizes as well as individuals with litigation requirements.
Because our offices are not located in the CBD our rates are substantially lower, often up to 20% lower, than most commercial law firms.
We can act for parties in litigation on the basis of a fixed retainer fee paid monthly as opposed to charging an hourly rate. If we are engaged on that basis you can pay a set fee in return for us remaining on the record as acting for you in the action for a fixed period. During that fixed period we will continue to represent you and deal with whatever matters arise in the litigation during that time.
We handle all civil litigation matters involving:
- Contract disputes
- Securities/loan agreement enforcement;
- Building disputes;
- Landlords and tenants;
- Customers and suppliers;
- Directors and Shareholders;
- Business partners;
- Employers and employees; and
- Franchisees and Franchisors.
We provide advice and strategies on how to obtain the best financial outcome in litigation and contract dispute matters.
We have a strong reputation for using a pragmatic approach to achieve successful outcomes in complex commercial cases.
We advise on strategies that can be employed to resolve disputes without recourse to legal proceedings where possible. This may result in a quicker and more cost effective outcome.
We assess and provide advice on:
- The strengths and weaknesses of your claims and any potential counterclaims of the other party;
- Quantification of your claims and any potential counterclaims of the other party;
- Prospects of success of each party if legal proceedings are commenced;
- The estimated legal costs and time to resolve if legal proceedings are commenced;
- Alternative dispute resolution processes that may minimize the costs of the dispute and/or provide a speedier resolution, such as contractual dispute resolution processes, adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act 2004 (WA) or complaints to the Financial Ombudsman Service;
- Litigation in all State and Federal Courts including the Family Court of Western Australia;
- Complaints lodged in various State and Federal Tribunals such as the State Administrative Tribunal and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal;
- Negotiation of settlements of proceedings before or after commencement of litigation in any jurisdiction; and
- Drafting binding deeds of settlement and deeds of confidentiality to ensure that the client's rights are protected upon full and final settlement of disputes.
If you require legal advice in relation to dispute resolution processes, please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a meeting so that we may consider your specific circumstances.