Aherns Lawyers handles all matters for employers and employees relating to:
- alleged breaches of contracts of employment;
- preparation of deeds of confidentiality;
- advice on restraint of trade clauses in employment contracts;
- issues regarding confidential information;
- protection of trade and client secrets;
- improper use of company materials;
- misappropriation of employers' clients;
- misappropriation of trade secrets;
- improper use of company property;
- legal advice on non-compete and restraint clauses; and
- defending workplace injury claims.
Because our offices are not located in the CBD our rates are substantially lower, often up to 20% lower, than most commercial law firms.
We defend Worksafe prosecutions resulting from serious injuries and breach of the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
We also act for employers in unfair dismissal cases.
We prepare senior employee contracts and management contracts, deeds of confidentiality and secrecy, restraint of trade clauses as well as providing the full suite of services in relation to enforcement of all these agreements.
We also act for senior employees in dispute with their employers over any contract matters.
We recently acted for a client in a major Supreme Court Action claiming damages for using company property to set up a business in competition with our client. We were able to settle the action on terms that required a substantial payout to our clients and an agreement preventing the Defendants from using our client's intellectual property.
In a recent Worksafe prosecutions case we ensured that our clients received a fine in line with the lowest possible fine in similar cases around the country.