Aherns Lawyers handles all matters for employers and employees relating to:
- alleged breaches of contracts of employment;
- preparation of deeds of confidentiality;
- advice on restraint of trade clauses in employment contracts;
- issues regarding confidential information;
- protection of trade and client secrets;
- improper use of company materials;
- misappropriation of employers' clients;
- misappropriation of trade secrets;
- improper use of company property;
- legal advice on non-compete and restraint clauses; and
- defending workplace injury claims.
Our practice is located outside of the Perth CBD and because of this our hourly rates are 20% lower than the standard rates charged by most Perth law firms. Our rates are extremely competitive compared to the rates charged by other commercial law firms.
In our experience sometimes clients shop around with quotes that we provide, which of course is their right. We always tell clients, therefore, if they receive what they think is a better price they can forward it to us and we will match it.
We defend Worksafe prosecutions resulting from serious injuries and breach of the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
We also act for employers in unfair dismissal cases.
We prepare senior employee contracts and management contracts, deeds of confidentiality and secrecy, restraint of trade clauses as well as providing the full suite of services in relation to enforcement of all these agreements.
We also act for senior employees in dispute with their employers over any contract matters.
We recently acted for a client in a major Supreme Court Action claiming damages for using company property to set up a business in competition with our client. We were able to settle the action on terms that required a substantial payout to our clients and an agreement preventing the Defendants from using our client's intellectual property.
In a recent Worksafe prosecutions case we ensured that our clients received a fine in line with the lowest possible fine in similar cases around the country.