Deeds of Settlement and Release
We advise clients with respect to the terms, and drafting, of Deeds of Settlement and Release, including:
- providing advice as to the legal merits of an offer of settlement;
- drafting a Deed of Settlement and Release to protect the client's interest(s);
- liaising with other parties in relation to terms proposed to be included in a Deed of Settlement and Release; and
- providing advice as to the terms of a Deed of Settlement and Release.
Deeds of Settlement and Release are used by parties in settling contractual or commercial disputes or legal proceedings.
Our practice is located outside of the Perth CBD and because of this our hourly rates and fixed prices for commercial work and for litigation are 20% lower than the standard rates charged by most Perth law firms. Our rates are extremely competitive compared to the rates charged by other commercial law firms.
The Deed must very carefully:
- record the general terms of settlement;
- identify the cause of action or property to which the settlement relates;
- set out releases and indemnities provided by each party which could range from partial releases and indemnities to full and final settlement of all known and unknown claims; and
- provide for confidentiality.
For more information on litigation click here.
Clients need to receive legal advice before entering into any Deed of Settlement and Release to ensure that the terms of a proposed settlement are suitable to the circumstances.